Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Clarity

This is a great comment on yesterdays post. Please read.

Anonymous said...
"I think your outline John with your comment about the surveyors being turned in to the board...

You said;
“First on the part of the possible implicated parties. If you are about to be turned in, pull your head out of your ass and go by the book, no more short cuts, if you are on this list you probably deserve it, so re-examine how you have been doing things. The book and rules are there for a reason, use them."

Your comment is pretty attacking considering you don’t know the facts of their situations. This would fall under my “treating every other surveyor like he is an idiot” comment I previously made. I recall you starting this blog with you yourself being taken to the board. That’s pretty bad when you rip on others that find themselves in the same situation that you have once been in. Do as I say not as I do??

I like that you’re willing to put yourself out there with some controversial topics but lets remember this blog is out there for all to see. Lets be professional and show good leadership."

I love that this guys thinks I am out of line. It proves what I have been saying that every person has a different perception of things.

In light of that I will clarify a little.

First and foremost the last thing I want is for anyone reading this blog to take offense or think that I am calling anyone an idiot.
Well, maybe take some offense when needed. If I want to offend I will and you will know it.

Fact is that there are so many great surveyors out to be learned from (even people that get turned in). We all bring something different to the table and we should all pay attention. No one is the end all of surveyors.

He is correct in that I am unaware of all of the facts as stated twice in yesterdays post and the truth of the matter is that I got turned into the board for having my head up my ass and taking short cuts.

So I will qualify my statement by saying, beware guys, you are on the chopping block, turn it around while you still can. Start using that book of rules to the T and no more short cuts.

That  is a lot closer to what I meant. I have a tendency to by very direct and abrupt, especially when I am pissed off and am often taken out of context.

So thanks for the thought provoking comment. Very cool.


Now on to something else.

This topic that I posted has potential to become quite inflammatory.
I want to see comments and opinions but will ask you to keep names out of it.
If you have a beef with someone call them in private.
Give them the same courtesy you want even if you have never received it.
If I see names being flung around I will send it to spam.

We all have a great opportunity here to have our voice heard. No matter what you have to say, say it!!!

The purpose of this blog is the business of Land Surveying and all the stuff that goes with it.

You’re voice and opinion is the most awesome thing that can happen, even if I take offense. I want it!!

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment