Sunday, November 7, 2010

BTR Rule 7

Ok. A touchy topic.

As many of you read in my previous post about my experience with the BTR I mentioned another surveyor that found our mistake. (If you did not see archive.)

This surveyor called me and told me he was going the opposite direction of us which was fine.

After the call and review of our info I repeatedly requested a meeting with this particular person and was continually blown off.

After my fourth request for a meeting to compare notes, this person informed me that they were too busy to meet because of spending all or their time opening a satellite office.

Needless to say, I was simply baffled by this person’s unprofessional attitude and lack of willingness to share information.

If the roles were reversed I would have had a meeting scheduled the same day to help the other surveyor out.

That’s how I behave. I always want to help if I can, especially when a colleague is on the chopping block. With a little cooperation a whole bunch of time consuming problems can be avoided.


Land Surveying Minimum Standards

Rule number 7 reads as follows:

 “In the event of a disagreement with the measurements and/or monumented corner positions of another registrant, the land surveyor must make and document all reasonable  efforts to contact the other registrant in an attempt to resolve the disagreement.  The other registrant(s) shall make all information relevant to the disagreement available, to explain  objections, and afford an opportunity for discussions, explanation and corrections  necessary.”

Now in my opinion this particular person is in direct violation of this line item and I have struggled on whether or not to turn them in to the board.

I want to know what all of you think about this. In violation yes or no??

Please see polling bar on right side.

Common!! Vote on this. I know you all have an opinion. Please share with a simple yes or no click.

FYI, poll will close at 2pm on Wednesday the 10th.

I am going to post again on Wednesday evening and tell you what I have decided to do.

Thanks!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I say Turn'em in.

    I always call and ask for inf. Likewise I have been called a few time and surrendered all my cad files and dat within a day. I always give the benefit of a doubt. However those who don't or say argh go BLANK yourself I make the allegation.

    I was recently turned in with no phone call with 9 others from one surveyor in particular. It totally sucked.

    And you are right YOU should have been contacted to RESOLVE the situation. That is how PROFESSIONALS operate. Not in the dark turning in others blindly......

    Boy do I have stories to tell!

    Rich Waage

    ReplyDelete