Friday, March 4, 2011

GPS

I have been asking surveyors what their favorite advance in technology is and have been getting different answers.

I am going to tell you right now that mine (from a field perspective) is GPS and to take it a step further, COR stations and Network GPS.

I left the house today at 6am, drove 45 minutes to the job where I proceeded to shoot 2 sections and stake 3000' +/- of property line, set on site control for staking at a later date and was back in the office by 1:30.

Now I will say that the conditions of this project are wide open and I could drive close to most of the monuments. I did walk about a mile +/- during location and then another during staking.

Now from a business owners point of view that right there is where a guy like myself makes money. We jump in, utilize and verify existing data, use technology and get the job done accurately and timely.

Most of the time GPS increases the bottom line on the P&L.

No comments:

Post a Comment