Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crazy things

Today I was thinking about the crazy things that have happened to me or I have witnessed while out in the field and the most far out things are induced by humans. I do not have an order of importance but here are a few.

Found what I believe to be the tip of a finger in a hand hole.
Been chased by a bum that claimed he had aids and was going to bite me.
Found lots of dead dogs in alleys.
Found a large snake cut into lots of pieces and placed in a ritual fashion.
Walked upon the aftermath of a satanic ritual. Pentagrams and carcasses??
Been scoped out by block watchers in the ghetto.
Been asked for money.
Had a bum stand next to me and tell me that used to survey before he went to the street. (Encouraging)
Had the cops called on me for standing in the public right of way.
Been flashed. Seen lots of boobs!!
Been propositioned by an attractive 40 something housewife with a cat obsession and lots of other women, some awesome and some not.
Been  propositioned by a gay couple.
Had a flag taken out of my hand by a moving car.
Almost been hit by a car and then I chucked a cone and hit the guys door and he proceeded to lock up his tires and got to listen to me hurl profanities at him and challenge him to get out the car. He left.
Employees physically fighting.
Employees getting so sick from the heat that they curled up in a ball and pooped and peed themselves.
Had a guy go into a DT seizer.
Been preached to by the random Jesus freak.
Been approached by LDS on a mission.
Been told to FO because I turned down a Tangelo.
Been accosted by a guy in a wheel chair with a piss bag tied to his leg asking for money and then threatening to throw the bag at me when I declined.
Saw a guy on a Harley wipe out and slide through an intersection in front of me.
Saw 2 black ladies in an LTD avoid our traffic sign and then proceed to spin a 360 in the middle of
16th street
and Thomas.
Had a concrete shoot take out a level.
Had a rod run over.
Seen a mob of Mexicans chase a snake through the desert trying to kill it with rocks.
Saw a painter drop a ladder on my eye man.
Had employees arrested while on the job.
Had a crew chief threaten to kick my ass.
Had a crew chief get pissed off and throw everything box included out of the truck and then tell us to pick it all up and make it better than it was.
Had a rod snap in a sewer main.
Gotten 15 cholla balls stuck in me at once (self induced)

This list goes on. I am sure I will remember much more later on.

2 comments:

  1. John, you are a freakin crack up. Don't know why, (sadly, it must be my age) but the guy curling up and pooping & peeing all over the place definitely had to be a sight to see. And this was from the heat ??? What a puss. Everyone remember the day it topped out at about 122° ? – I do, I was pounding ABC Blue-Tops for an apartment complex all day long. Then, I got my ass chewed by my Party Chief because I was drinking more water than usual. What an asshole.

    I can’t top any of these – my best is some crack addict lady threw a bottle at me ‘cuz I wouldn’t give her a smoke.

    Best,

    Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while we run into some real crazy people. I have had 2 different occasions that somebody drew a gun on me. Had a rancher try to run me over with a tractor. And my personal favorite watched a ranch hand try to use his rope and horse to pull a section corner. When the horse hit the end of the rope the cinch broke and the ranch hand "landed with a thud".

    I have to admit being flashed might be more fun than shot at...

    ReplyDelete