Monday, March 21, 2011

City surveying on a Saturday morning

I have to tell you that one of the best times to survey within the congested city is Saturday morning.
Why do I say this?
Simple, there is little traffic, people are sleeping and not in a mad rush to get to a job, after 7am most of the drunks are off the road, cops and code officials never give you a second glance and the only one that cares what you are doing is the dog next door.
Last Saturday I did a boundary survey in Scottsdale. This job would have been a 4 hour deal +/- but only took me 2 because of all of the factors above and then some.
Does working on Saturday suck? For me just the opposite. I am one of those that takes advantage of circumstance and Saturday morning is really cool for my bottom line. Jobs take less time and I make more money.
Being a business owner I can take off just about anytime and work anytime, so I am free do to as I please. I often will work on Saturday albeit in the office or the field because I get things done quicker without all the Monday-Friday BS to deal with.
Economics and BS dictate a lot of things in my world.
One side note. Ghetto surveying on a Saturday morning is the polar opposite and I will be doing a piece on funky areas in the very near future. It will make you laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment