Sunday, October 2, 2011

Colleagues

This last week I had the privilege of meeting new colleagues and got reacquainted with some from the past.
These were exceptionally nice experiences in that I have lost touch with my fellow surveyors over the last couple of years due to the fact that I am now an army of one.
It reminded me that I have to be more cognizant of my professional relationships especially with my peers. A mirror image on a topic or a different outlook is always appreciated and always makes me better.
It is so easy to lose touch with my peers mostly because I am so business oriented that I concentrate all of my efforts on my clients and only talk to other surveyors when I need something or need an opinion.
I have decided that this will stop and at least once a week I am going to reach out to a fellow surveyor albeit through email or telephone just to hear how things are going and get a general outlook on things.
As a small business owner my clients are far more important than anything else, however it is my peers that keep me in line and remind me of the rules and remind me to keep my head out of my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment