Friday, October 7, 2011

Crazy Things 2

On March 15 of this year I did a post talking about some of the crazy things I have seen while working in the field.

I just remembered something that I forgot to mention in that post.

One early morning I was walking down the center line of Baseline Road in the Laveen area and just before I got to the monument I wanted to shoot I look down and what do I see?

A blood covered tube sock with a brick in it. How do I know it was a brick? The sock had a couple of holes in it and sure enough it was a brick.

Now let me ask you this. How many directions can your mind go with that??? Mine went all over the place as it still does to this day.

What did I do? I promptly looked around, shot the point and got far away from there. I do realize that whoever tossed that thing was long gone and I found a weapon that was obviously used for something bad. I scanned the news and internet for reports of a sock/brick beating but nothing ever came up.

Working in the city does bring some strange things to a surveyor.

No comments:

Post a Comment