Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Obstacles

So there I am out in the middle of nowhere with my trusty eye man “Big Hig” who was actually a little guy but obtained the name by a circumstance we will not mention here.
Big Hig is set up on a ridge across from me and we are spinning out points when he turns one out that hits the only obstacle in a 2 mile radius, a shit house.
I am standing there wondering what this house is doing there to begin with, how long has it been there and just why in the bloody hell is it in the way of my second to last point on a 112° day.
Big Hig tells me that the house is in the way so I tell him to go move it. He obediently goes to move it but is unable, he yells over “this *%^%# thing is heavy and I can’t move it”.
At this point I am becoming agitated and walk a few hundred feet and proceed to help him move it. He was right it was really heavy.
After we break even more of a sweat than usual we talk for a moment and then I begin to head back.
Right as I am starting to walk away the door to the house opens and out walks the biggest Indian I have ever seen. I mean this guy was so big I still don’t know how he fit in there.
As we stand there wide eyed with mouths open, he just simply walks away without looking at us and disappears into the desert. It was like we did not exist and nothing had happened.
I don’t know if he was doing his business or sleeping or what. I was mortified, mesmerized, bewildered and just flat freaked out.
I think it had a huge impact on Big Hig to. He never spoke of it again.
Moral: Always knock on the shit house door, even when no one should be in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment