Sunday, January 12, 2014

Equipment and Software

I just bought a new data collector, an FC336 with Magnet.

I have decided to go this direction because of the cloud upload capacity of the Magnet and the fact that along with Magnet comes upgrades and keeps me current.

I also chose this particular DC because of the internal modem for network.

I'm pretty jazzed about the upgrade and should have it in my hands in a day or two.

The forecast of 2014 is looking very good and I will be upgrading my GPS and purchasing a robot as well.

Now as for office software. I am still agonizing on this one as I still despise AutoCad.

I have it narrowed down between Micro Survey and the new Topcon office.

Both will have a learning curve but to be honest right now I am leaning toward the Topcon due to fact that I can simply import from the cloud, I can have my desktop connected to the DC and the points will import as the field shots are taken and it looks very simple to use as is TopSurv.

I am really like the idea of using office and field software that are made by the same company.

As the next couple of months unfold I will tell you all about it and the directions I will be going.

Peace out surveyors. Make it a great and profitable week.

No comments:

Post a Comment