Sunday, August 5, 2012

August

Well I back from vacation and am kind of ready to do it again, do it again.

I have to tell you that coming home from the beach sucks ass.

All last week I was super busy and just could not get my head in the game.

Now I am sitting here on Sunday night thinking about work and my head is yet to center up.

Surveying. Why do any of us do it? Do we love or did we fall into it?

In my case it was the latter and before I knew it I would have had to take a drastic pay cut to jump over to something else.

I have done a lot of things throughout the years. Surveying has always been my day job but I have this habit of always chasing the shiny new thing.

I have owned several other small businesses, I have done MLM and actually did well (I hate sales), I have been involved in failed companies and have my hands in new ventures. I am always trying new things and coming up with killer ideas and inventions. Yes I write them down and pursue them, ask anyone who really knows me.

I'm kind of like a musician that is smart enough to keep a day job.

Last week I just got beat to shit. I got racked on the shin with a rock, slapped in the face with a cat claw, gouged on a chain link fence and my shoe filled with blood, knocked in the head by a tree branch, bitten by ants, got lots of splinters from lathe, felt like I was in a steam room from all of the humidity, got burnt by the tool box and the list goes on.

So there I am standing there administering first aid to my freshly gouged leg that occurred because I had to bail a fence because the client neglected to take the lock of of the gate asking myself "why in the bloody fuck am I doing this"?

Am I going to get rich doing it? Do I love it? Do I consider it my future? Do I want my kids doing it?

Deep down inside I know that the answer to all of them is no.

So here we go, here we go, here we go again.

Some of you will get this, some won't.

At the end of the day though it's all OK.

Peace love and booty grease surveyors, make it a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Some times it is like that. But usually the traveling out to a new job and getting outside and doing what we do is what I like about what I do. every job is different. And I do like doing the field work for all that I complain about it. Unfortunately we all get older and begin to have health issues and have to slow down. I must say though I have learned to stop climbing over fences.

    Rich W

    ReplyDelete