Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Super Hero of the Week

I don't know who this person is but I want to thank them for an awesome comment. I truly appreciate what they said.


Thanks for calling how it is.
 

See below 




Anonymous said...
I don't know about the global ramifications of our new economy but I do know this. This recession is the best thing for the surveying profession. I can see positive changes already. The slackers amongst us whom have been dragging us down have or will flee the profession before it is all over. If a surveyor is not working right now it is because somebody better is in his/her place. Life is not fair and this is survival of the fittest. Last time I checked. I know this is coming off as harsh but consider this thought for a moment. When we were booming a few years ago; we put equipment in anybodies hands just to get the work done. Now, only the guys who truly want to be surveyors are struggling to make it. This is called paying your dues. When the economy swings upward again; the surveyors who stuck it out and survived will do the best. It is times like these that separate the chaff from the wheat.

1 comment:

  1. With all due respect I disagree. Especially with the statement of “If a surveyor is not working right now it is because somebody better is in his/her place”. From my point of view, you could not be more wrong. I have literally “carried” companies for years – even decades – and who gets let go of when times are tough? It’s either the guys at the top because of the money they make or maybe, just maybe, it’s more important to keep your family employed than the ones that care more about the company and their profession than the owner (or their boss) does. Paying your dues… I don’t know a “real” Surveyor, with any reasonable amount of time under his belt who hasn’t. It’s hard to separate the wheat from the chaff when the “tree” has no fork…

    ReplyDelete