Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Changes Coming

I am starting to see more job posts on Topica and am hearing rumblings of people getting busy again.

It's about time!!!

Those of us that have survived this whole thing need to take a moment of gratitude and celebrate ourselves because we as individuals are the only reason we did.

I to am getting busier again. I am seeing a lot of new starts in custom homes, remodels and boundary surveys.

Anyone that tells you that commercial is coming back is extremely naive. Commercial is 5 years out. Tract housing is longer and I would be glad if it never comes back.

2012 is going to be a much better year, especially since most believe that we will have a new President elected in November. That right there is easing nervous feelings and causing people to spend.

Let's all try and keep a positive attitude. Ever notice when the world hands you a fistful of shit, if you keep a positive attitude things usually end up being better and when we let it kick our ass it gets worse?

Chin up fellow surveyors. This thing is almost over and those of you who are still in the game you will kick some ass and make some serious bank.

I am currently working on a project that will help change surveying for the greater good. If I can get this particular thing through the hoops it will be one of the biggest things that has ever happened to us.

I will disclose more information as time goes on, but right now I want to plant the seed that big stuff is coming.

We are responsible for so much. We have to know 10 different ways to 1 things. We are extraordinary in what we do.

Let's make this the worlds most respected profession once again.

We can start by speaking of the un-speakables. If  it makes you uncomfortable it is probably worth discussing.

I am inviting any and all that read this blog to post any topic about this profession and I will post it in front if you really have something worth while to say.

It all starts with communication and I know that most of you hold back. Stop! It only holds everything back.

No comments:

Post a Comment