Monday, February 21, 2011

2 John's and a guy named Brian

I want to take a little time on this Presidents Day to give a big shout out to some government rock stars right here in good old Maricopa County.

First is John Rose. I first met John back when I was studying for my LS. John is a great guy and a great teacher and what he has done here in Arizona for the profession of surveying needs some big recognition. The surveying program that he has helped develop at Phoenix College is amazing and as the economy pics up so will the attendance. I have personally attended 2 classes and have had several employees go through the classes.

I want to thank John for all of his efforts as a surveyor, promoting the profession and also for his strong Patriotism. As far as I know John is still in the military reserves and has been called to duty within the last few years.

Next up is John Stock. Anyone that knows Mr. Stock understands the kind of surveyor he is. He is also a really good guy and the most qualified surveyor I have ever met.
John has helped me out from time to time with opinions and the result was always great.
His sectional land classes are well worth the time (I plan on attending someday).
I took a seminar one time that he put on and received a hand out that I use to this day when I have to solve GLO lots. He puts things in a simplistic manner that anyone can understand.
I used it today and that inspired this post.

Now let's talk for a moment about Brian Dalager. I have only spoken to Brian on the phone a few times and will eventually meet him in person.
Brian has done an amazing job spearheading the GDACS program. I am yet to see anything like it, I am always looking at other states sites and ours blows all of them away.
Keep up the great work. Public information solves a lot of problems for us.

So let's all take this national holiday to give a big shout to some local guys that make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment