Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cities

I never cease to wonder about the operations and efficiencies of the different municipalities.

The thing I marvel at the most is the utter lack of communication between the separate departments and also the utter inability to make a decision.

Now I understand that a city employee is prohibited from telling you how they think something should be done and they are tied to city guideline, however a little extra effort to point a citizen in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I am wondering what causes these poor people to become absolute minimalists? I am sure that they start out ambitious but something at some point sucks the life out of them and they bend into a lifeless wet piece of paper.

I have had some great experiences with most city folk, but unfortunately as humans we have a tendency to focus on the less than good times.

The two I deal the most with are Phoenix and Scottsdale. For the most part I have great success and really like everyone I deal with, but ever so often I get that curve ball that throws it all into a tail spin.

I can only imagine the shit that gets blown at these people on a daily basis.

I am a very chill person and I am thinking that's why I get along with most that I encounter because I am always respectful and grateful for the help even if the result takes me in circles.

I know dealing with the public is tough especially when you get a belligerent numskull in front of you breathing hate.

I also know that everyone is different and piling all of you into the some category is massively inappropriate. Sometimes a guy just has to bitch a little.

So hey city employees. I am here so say thanks for doing a job that I would never be able to do.

Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment