Sunday, January 29, 2012

Moving

First I want to give a big shout out to my boy Dane for giving me a hand on Saturday.

I moved offices over the weekend and I have to tell you that I'm glad.

I am a creature that likes to change things up. Although change scares me to death I make myself constantly do it because it eliminates complacency. It is way to easy to get comfortable and lose site of all the good things in the world.

However there is always that part when you start packing things and discover that you have accumulated way more junk than conceivable even though the space you are occupying is very small. It's kind of disturbing.

This also gave me an opportunity to jettison a metric butt load of items that have been stuck in the catacombs for the last 3 years. Things that I have long forgotten and and now serve zero purpose. Bye bye!!

I think in order to be effective in any circumstance a person must be able to roll with anything, adapt and absolutely must know how to shoot from the hip and most of all accept change.

Change is the opening for all new things and if a person stays stuck behind that cad program and never looks up, then that will define them as non-progressive and that's where they will be until they die. Stuck to the chair that that are sitting in.

If a person comes up for air and checks out new things and looks at the big picture as endless possibility then they will most likely be defined as progressive.

I personally fit into the progressive category. While change does scare me I get more agitated when nothing new has happened. I would rather walk through life petrified and see new things than sit around like a blob and be comfy.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN !!!! Hope you enjoy your new office. Congrats John

    ReplyDelete