Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bad Surveying

OK . I do have something to say.

Today I was on a job site.

I tied into a quarter section line and the distance hit within .06 of record plat. I'll buy that all day long and I went about my biz.

I had another survey printed out as reference. I looked at it and noticed that they called the plat distance which I hit reasonable and then they called a measured distance that was much shorter and identical to that of the GDAC Plat and is a grid distance.

This happened to me twice today in adjoining sections.

To this I say what the hell man?

Did you really think your paper survey would go un-noticed until the end of time?

If you're going to use gdac stuff and calc it out at least apply an index so at least seems that you actually surveyed it.

I was not there to do a hard core boundary survey but the fact is that I see this kind of stuff all of the time and it makes it more difficult for people that want to do the right thing.

Do I care enough to call these people up? No, but it is a little frustrating.

In situations like this if I am doing a boundary I find it easier just to set what I think is right and file my own map. Any good surveyor will be able to tell the difference.
In extreme cases the call gets made.

UGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment