Sunday, September 23, 2012

Name Change

I have been thinking of changing the name of my company.

This has been something that has been plowing through my mind for quite some time.

There are several reasons for it.

1) Marketability. The name I have is dull and a new name would add a much needed kick. The public needs to have a better understanding of what they are looking at upon first site and a new name can bring that to light.

2) This company name is the initials of a dead guy. Need I say more?

3) Change is progressive. In changing the name I can easily incorporate a new digital strategy into my marketing by creating a new website and fully utilizing SEO. My current website is built on dead technology.

4) My client base right now is such that a transformation will be seamless. When things get super crazy again it will be harder to do.

I have weighed the pro's and cons and the pro's win by a land slide. As a matter of fact the only con I have is that it will cost some money to set things up such as a new domain name, having a site built and implementing the new strategy.

After a lot of thought on the topic I think it is easier to start from scratch as opposed to trying to revamp the old.

I have to admit that it is a daunting task and it makes me a little nervous, so must mean it's good and the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment