Thursday, June 30, 2011

Survey Hero of the Week

Earlier this week I posted a problem I was having on Topica and several people responded with some great opinions and advice that helped me realize a mistake I had made and confirmed how I want to correct it.

FYI: for those that read this blog and do not belong, Topica is a discussion forum that Surveyors utilize.

After all was said and done Jason Foose posted this comment.

I am nominating Jason for the Survey Super Hero of the Week. He expresses some great insight on this situation and I believe his words should be taken to heart by all. I believe if more people thought and observed like Jason, things would go a lot smoother. See comment below.

John,
I want to thank you personally for sharing your "situation".
I believe that I have just witnessed the exercise of the following:
1.) registrant query,
2.) professional courtesy and exchange of experiences,
3.) peer review,
4.) professional judgement,
5.) professional development
6.) and corrective action.
All of this occurred in "real-time", on a message board, under the current minimum standards, less any mandated continuing education, and without A.Z.B.T.R. interaction. It appears that our colleagues offered respectful constructive advice not only to you, but also on behalf of improving our profession.
Few people will think much of this event. I suppose it's because there's nothing to argue about. Thanks again for sharing!   
  
Jason E. Foose, R.L.S.
Assistant County Surveyor
Mohave County Public Works
P.O. Box 7000
Kingman, Az. 86401
O 928-757-0910


                                        
                                    Defender of common sense Jason Foose

No comments:

Post a Comment